Are you in love with comic books, videogames, board games, films, fantasy, art, and all of the sort? Comic-Con in Prague is a festival exactly for you. Here you can enjoy programs, meat celebrities, and feel like Sheldon did in the Big Bang Theory whenever he went to Comic-Con.
The first Comic-Con took place in the United States in 1970. Since then it is a big event every year in the States, and there are also similar festivals arranged in other countries. One of them is the Czech Republic, and the city is Prague.
At the festival, there are lots of things going on. There are always gaming tournaments, there are given chances for you to take a picture together with stars, there are workshops and sessions where you can ask celebrities questions, there are lectures, exhibitions, concerts, and so much more happening.
Comic-Con Prague 2020
The event in 2020 will be arranged between February 7th and February 9th.
The location is: O2 Universum, Českomoravská 17, Praha 9 – Libeň, 190 00
Price: A three-day ticket to the festival will cost you less than 2000 CZK.
– Friday 7.2. 14:00 – 23:00
– Saturday 8.2. 09:00 – 23:00
– Sunday 9.2. 09:00 – 19:00
Who will come to Comic-Con Prague 2020?
Here you can see some of the celebrities that will come to the festival in 2020. Do not forget, many of these have special autograph sessions and photography sessions, so you might meet some of these in person if you are interested!
- Ron Perlman (Hellboy, Pacific Rim)
- Brandon Routh (Superman Returns, Legends of Tomorrow, Flash)
- Casper Van Dien (Starship Troopers)
- Ian McElhinney (Rogue One: Star Wars Story, Game of Thrones)
- Tracy Scoggins (Babylon 5, Star Trek)
- Vladimír Furdík (Game of Thrones, Thor: The Dark World, Skyfall)
and many others.
How to get to the venue?
Would you like to be there at the Comic-Con in Prague? How can you get to the arena? These are the best solutions.
- Travel with the metro to the Českomoravská metro station on the B line (yellow).
- Use tram lines 8 or 25 and exit at the Multiarena Praha stop.
- Travel with bus line 151, 152, or 375 to Českomoravská or 136, 145, 177, or 195 to Nádraží Libeň.
- Go by train to Libeňské nádraží train station and walk 500 meters from there.
Are you ready for Comic-Con?
Enjoy the festival. If you have further comments or questions about the program, write them in the comment field beneath!
If you want to enjoy other programs while in Prague, make sure to look around in our Prague Guide to find information about different river cruises available, to book a delightful beer dinner, or maybe to join in on a guided tour in Prague or some other nice program!